Greenfield Healthcare Center is one of four facilities located in Greenfield, Indiana. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this nursing home isn't high on our list. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a fit for any prospective resident. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this place received a decent grade in our long-term care category. You can find more information about this category below.
Greenfield Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
200 Green Meadows Dr,
Greenfield IN 46140
67.79% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is actually one of its more respectable category scores. Our short-term care grades are likely most important for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We were surprised to find that it performed better in this area, with 54.4 percent of its patients returning home. This was just about this nursing home's sole highlight in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Healthcare Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. The nursing rating is based on a variety of subcategories. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is below the national average. To go along with its low totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this nursing home also didn't fare as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in computing our nursing scores. We looked at the percent of residents experiencing pressure ulcers and major falls. This nursing home had more pressure ulcers and falls than the average facility.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, where this nursing home received an abysmal score in this area as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. Nursing homes that don't score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in a few of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to just 81.47139 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was not as bad as we expected at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Although it had 2.06 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score wasn't bad due to it having some more complex patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 3.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 1.95% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 12.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 91.52% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 16.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 17.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 11.18 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 73.66% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Greenfield, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greenfield, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.76 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.05 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.57 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast12.8 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis13.9 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.52 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East14.76 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.13 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Indy East15.44 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita - Marion County17.67 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171