Greenfield Healthcare Center is a facility located in Greenfield, Indiana, which has a total of 38,543 people. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. While the city grade in Greenfield which is also just a D, you still ought to be able to find a better option. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Greenfield Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Our inspection grades are tied to items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in categories G through L. This indicates that it dodged the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this nursing home a rock-bottom F in the category of long-term care. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to just 82.41758 percent of its residents, which is well below average. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Tragically, this facility received an F for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Moving on to our next category, this facility really didn't perform very well here either. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in nursing, this is about as terrible as it gets. There are numerous criteria within this category. Many of the subcategories reflect staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced falls leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 12.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 91.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Healthcare Center, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Greenfield, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greenfield, Indiana has 3 other nursing homes
- Hancock Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.76 miles away801 N State St Greenfield Indiana 46140Government - Local(317) 462-5544
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 15.61 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 15.93 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 16.05 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Major HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away2451 Intelliplex Dr Shelbyville Indiana 46176Government - Local(317) 392-3211
- Franciscan Health IndianapolisAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away8111 S Emerson Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46237Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 528-5000
- Fmc - Greenfield0.57 miles away1051 North State Street Greenfield Indiana 46140Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 462-4743
- Fmc-Indianapolis Northeast12.8 miles away9140 Harrison Park Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46216Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 543-5128
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis13.9 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Irvington14.52 miles away1740 Industry Drive Suite A Indianapolis Indiana 46219Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 353-8207
- Fmc - Indianapolis-East14.76 miles away6701 E. 21st Street Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (317) 358-1037
- Fmc - Shadeland Station15.13 miles away7155 Shadeland Station Ste 130 Indianapolis Indiana 46256CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 578-8401
- Davita - Indy East15.44 miles away1208 N Arlington Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 353-6315
- Davita - Marion County17.67 miles away3834 South Emerson Avenue Building B Indianapolis Indiana 46203CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (317) 787-3171