Greenfield Health & Rehab Center is located in Lancaster, New York, a city with a population of 31,847 people. It looks like this is a very respectable nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. This nursing home definitely has plenty going for it. This nursing home is better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Greenfield Health & Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Lancaster NY 14086
78.68% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home especially excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in that category. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this facility's list of achievements, it also was given a high-end short-term care score. We awarded them a strong strong of A in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. This place provided more physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in New York in this area with 63.1 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Health & Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a solid grade in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Our long-term care grade is generally used to grade a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a skilled nursing facility. In addition to offering very solid levels of nurse staffing, this facility gave the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. This combination proved to be successful as this nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 1.49 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days.
Our last category is nursing, where we gave this facility a grade of C in that area. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 4.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which was among the higher totals we found. Lastly, we also baked a few quality-based metrics into our nursing scores. This place fared poorly in two of the areas we focus on, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 9.64% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which have suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 2.09% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 11.62% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 13.02% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 92.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 14.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 18.9% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 18.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 8.78 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Health & Rehab Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Western Ny Childrens Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 7.74 miles away1010 East & West Road Buffalo New York 14224Government - State(716) 677-7000
- Mercy Hospital of BuffaloAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away565 Abbott Road Buffalo New York 14220Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 826-7000
- Erie County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.12 miles away462 Grider Street Buffalo New York 14215Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 898-3936
- Sisters of Charity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.17 miles away2157 Main Street Buffalo New York 14214Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 862-1000
- Kaleida HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away100 High Street Buffalo New York 14210Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 859-8620
- Kenmore Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away2950 Elmwood Avenue Buffalo New York 14217Voluntary non-profit - Church(716) 447-6100
- Eastern Niagara HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.67 miles away521 East Avenue Lockport New York 14094Voluntary non-profit - Private(716) 514-5700
- Us Renal Care Cheektowaga Dialysis6.03 miles away2875 Union Road, Suite 13 C/D Buffalo New York 14227CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 684-0276
- Pure Life Renal of Buffalo Inc.6.93 miles away6010 Main Street Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 25 (716) 631-4700
- Us Renal Care Williamsville Dialysis8.37 miles away7964 Transit Road, Suite 8-A Buffalo New York 14221Dialysis Stations: 13 (716) 634-1841
- Davita Renal Care of Buffalo8.57 miles away550 Orchard Park Road Buffalo New York 14224CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 677-0089
- Davita Cleve Hill Dialysis Center9.13 miles away1461 Kensington Avenue Buffalo New York 14215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 831-8892
- Davita Suburban Dialysis9.22 miles away705 Maple Road Suite 600 Buffalo New York 14221CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (716) 630-6640
- Erie County Medical Center10.19 miles away462 Grider Street Dialysis Unit Buffalo New York 14215Dialysis Stations: 36 (716) 898-1400
- Davita Orchard Park Dialysis10.79 miles away3801 Taylor Road Orchard Park New York 14127CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (716) 209-7200