Greenfield Care Center of South Gate is an average-sized facility in South Gate, California. This is a subpar nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in South Gate. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing score. You can continue reading to learn more about nursing and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenfield Care Center of South Gate
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on South Gate senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this facility a good overall score, we actually gave it a very strong grade in nursing, where it received a B. Our nursing rating is based on a handful of components, however, the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's more respectable category grades came in the area of long-term care. This turned out to be its second best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are important for residents in need of personal care. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of South Gate?
Sadly, this facility received a grade of just D in our inspection category. This is well below average grade. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This particular facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 8 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category was short-term care, which is the last area we scored. In this area, we gave this nursing home a D. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is generally a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. With a grade of this caliber in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this place was well below average in two of the key staffing metrics we looked at. In fact, it offered significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most nursing homes. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics sunk this nursing home's short-term care grade.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of South Gate Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 5.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 0.39% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 14.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 6.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 9.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 8.2% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 8.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 3.97% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Care Center of South Gate, 85.89% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Davita-Huntington Park Dialysis1.47 miles away5942 Rugby Avenue Huntington Park California 90255CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (323) 585-7605
- Davita-Premier Dialysis Center1.51 miles away7612 Atlantic Avenue Bell Gardens California 90201CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (323) 562-5511
- Davita-Kidney Dialysis Care Unit1.9 miles away3600 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Lynwood California 90262CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 886-5156
- Davita South Gate Dialysis2.16 miles away9848 Atlantic Avenue South Gate California 90280Dialysis Stations: 25 (323) 569-1035
- Davita-Imperial Care Dialysis Center2.47 miles away4345 E. Imperial Highway Lynwood California 90262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (310) 900-0333
- Davita-Kenneth Hahn Plaza Dialysis Center2.72 miles away11854 S. Wilmington Avenue Los Angeles California 90059CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 567-5077
- Satellite Healthcare South Gate2.78 miles away8716 Garfield Avenue, Suite 100 South Gate California 90280CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 674-2600
- Fmc-Rai-Compton-Los Angeles3.05 miles away11859 Compton Avenue Los Angeles California 90059CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (323) 563-1140