Greenfield Care Center of Gardena is in Gardena, California. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. This facility did not have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Greenfield Care Center of Gardena
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Greenfield Care Center of Gardena has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't rate too badly in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a grade of B- in that category, which is another one of its more favorable grades. Our long-term care ratings are more important for those needing more conventional assistance related to personal care. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Gardena?
This nursing home also didn't perform terribly in the area of nursing. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is another one its better scores. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. Short-term care grades are generally used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Considering its score in this area, we were not surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Gardena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Gardena, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Gardena, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 6.1 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.84 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.2 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.35 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center2.14 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- Mobile Dialysis Services, Inc. (Compton)2.51 miles away801 W. Compton Blvd. Compton California 90220Dialysis Stations: 36 (310) 637-9026
- Fmc-Carson2.9 miles away20710 S. Leapwood Avenue, Suite F Carson California 90746Dialysis Stations: 11 (310) 323-8997
- u.s. Renal Care Carson Dialysis3.07 miles away930 East Dominguez Street, Suite A Carson California 90746CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 532-5100
- Davita-Carson Dialysis3.36 miles away1309 E. Carson Street Carson California 90745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 513-1427
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.41 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413