Greenfield Care Center of Gardena is in Gardena, California. With an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Gardena. The city has just one other nursing home. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenfield Care Center of Gardena
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Greenfield Care Center of Gardena has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Gardena senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B- for our inspections rating. This score is more respectable than this facility's overall score. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing grade is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Gardena?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care, where this nursing home received a grade of B- in this area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is generally a fair measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final category is long-term care, in which we gave this nursing home a grade of B- in that category. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Gardena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care residents who were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing signs of depression. High rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Many would argue that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical health.
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Gardena, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Torrance Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away3330 Lomita Blvd Torrance California 90509Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 325-9110
- Del Amo HospitalPsychiatric 6.1 miles away23700 Camino Del Sol Torrance California 90505Proprietary(310) 530-1151
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.6 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.84 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - Redondo1.2 miles away1045 W. Redondo Beach Blvd., Suite 105 Gardena California 90247CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (310) 515-0788
- u.s. Renal Care Gardena Dialysis - 190th1.35 miles away1149 W. 190th Street, Suite 1004 Gardena California 90248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (310) 965-0830
- Davita-Gateway Plaza Dialysis Center2.14 miles away1580 W. Rosecrans Avenue Compton California 90220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 631-3085
- Mobile Dialysis Services, Inc. (Compton)2.51 miles away801 W. Compton Blvd. Compton California 90220Dialysis Stations: 36 (310) 637-9026
- Fmc-Carson2.9 miles away20710 S. Leapwood Avenue, Suite F Carson California 90746Dialysis Stations: 11 (310) 323-8997
- u.s. Renal Care Carson Dialysis3.07 miles away930 East Dominguez Street, Suite A Carson California 90746CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 532-5100
- Davita-Carson Dialysis3.36 miles away1309 E. Carson Street Carson California 90745CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (310) 513-1427
- Davita-Harbor Ucla3.41 miles away21602 S. Vermont Avenue Torrance California 90502CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 533-0413