Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton is in Fullerton, California, a city with a total of 134,733 people. Sporting an overall rating of A, this facility is among the most impressive facilities we assessed. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it ahead of most of the facilities in Fullerton, which has a decent selection of nursing homes. This nursing home also received very consistent ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fullerton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has earned nearly flawless inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. We weighed the qualifications of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses were with patients, in computing our score in this area. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning our next category, this facility received an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that area. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in this category, with a B. Even though this isn't as strong as several of this facility's other scores, it is still a positive grade. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 3.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 2.52% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 1.26% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 0.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 3.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 99.44% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 5.28% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 4.48% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 4.48% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 3.05% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 4 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis0.09 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic1.58 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center2.43 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center2.64 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis2.65 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Fmc-Orange County Home2.9 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.19 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita La Habra Dialysis3.72 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430