Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton is in Fullerton, California, a city with a total of 134,733 people. With an overall rating of A-, this facility is among the better facilities we assessed. This grade is better than the city grade of B+ in Fullerton, which is also an impressive grade. This facility also received consistently good scores in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has earned nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this area. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing score looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was awarded favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we gave them one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed is short-term care. This facility was awarded a favorable nursing score in our assessment, with a B. Although this was not as dominant as several of its other grades, this remains one of the more favorable scores in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which sustained UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 4.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Care Center of Fullerton, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 6 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.27 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.21 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.22 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis0.09 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic1.58 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center2.43 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center2.64 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis2.65 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Fmc-Orange County Home2.9 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis3.19 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita La Habra Dialysis3.72 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430