Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield is an average-sized nursing home located in Fairfield, California. This nursing home is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of most people. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1260 Travis Blvd,
Fairfield CA 94533
58.11% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in the area of short-term care, where it earned an A-. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are mostly tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning residents more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area ended up being long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B-. Long-term care grades focus on a nursing home's personal care instead of the highly skilled nursing or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category of government inspections, we gave this nursing home a score of C for this category. Inspection grades are tied to data points located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. At the end of the day, we found plenty of favorable points on this place's inspection reports.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that have suffered falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.8 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 19 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Davita Fairfield Downtown0.89 miles away1800 North Texas Street Fairfield California 94533CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 399-9984
- Rai Chadbourne2.39 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Fairfield Dialysis Center5.15 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Vacaville Dialysis Clinic6.78 miles away941 Merchant St Vacaville California 95688CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (707) 449-6485
- Creekside Dialysis Center7.55 miles away141 Parker Street Vacaville California 95688Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 453-1325
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo14.01 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Usrc Napa, LLC14.24 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis14.28 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533