Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield is an average-sized nursing home located in Fairfield, California. This nursing home received an uninspiring overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't a great fit for most prospective residents. The best thing we can say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score wasn't a highlight, it actually received a somewhat respectable score in nursing. We awarded it a B- for that category. Our nursing grade analyzes the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care rating turns out to be one of its better features. The nursing home received a grade of B- in this category. Our short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B- in this area. For prospective patients looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last category of inspections, we gave this facility a grade of C for this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents that experienced falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this statistic could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels.
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenfield Care Center of Fairfield, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.8 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.15 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 19 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- Davita Fairfield Downtown0.89 miles away1800 North Texas Street Fairfield California 94533CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 399-9984
- Rai Chadbourne2.39 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Fairfield Dialysis Center5.15 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Vacaville Dialysis Clinic6.78 miles away941 Merchant St Vacaville California 95688CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (707) 449-6485
- Creekside Dialysis Center7.55 miles away141 Parker Street Vacaville California 95688Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 453-1325
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo14.01 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Usrc Napa, LLC14.24 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Silverado Dialysis14.28 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533