Located in Xenia, Ohio, Greenewood Manor is the only nursing home we found in the area. Featuring an overall score of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Feb 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
711 Dayton-Xenia Road,
Xenia OH 45385
Note: Data for Greenewood Manor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
To go along with its great overall score, we awarded this facility an A for inspections. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
On the list of its many high-end scores, this facility was given a strong long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in this area. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 98.09524 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenewood Manor?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining our nursing scores, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a solid grade of B-. This actually proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. Our short-term care ratings are critical for people looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenewood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenewood Manor, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenewood Manor, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenewood Manor, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which have had a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenewood Manor, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenewood Manor, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenewood Manor, 21.39% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenewood Manor, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenewood Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenewood Manor, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels. Some argue that mobility is important for patients health.
In Greenewood Manor, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenewood Manor, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.86 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.35 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.58 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.8 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.88 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Davita Southwest Ohio Dialysis1.54 miles away215 South Allison Avenue Xenia Ohio 45385Dialysis Stations: 16 (937) 376-1453
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis7.42 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis9.11 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Davita - Dayton East at Home9.41 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East9.41 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis9.88 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South12.6 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East12.77 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859