Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing is in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. This is a lower end nursing home, with an overall grade of D. If you are not satisfied with this facility's mediocre overall grade, you will be pleased to know there are five other nursing homes in Canonsburg. The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this area, which was much better than its overall score. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a low total compared with most nursing homes. Lastly, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only received a grade of D for its long-term care grade, which is not a very good score. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category is short-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. For this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics doomed this facility's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients that suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 3.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 88.5% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Canonsburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Canonsburg, Pennsylvania has 5 other nursing homes
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.99 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe1.44 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Dci of Hillpointe2.72 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Davita - Oak Springs Dialysis4.2 miles away764 Locust Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 229-7377
- Dci of Washington5.01 miles away280 North Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 229-8834
- Liberty Dialysis - Washington5.71 miles away90 West Chestnut Street 100 East Wing Washington Pennsylvania 15301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 228-7398
- Davita - Bethel Park10.7 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills11.71 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis13.83 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007