Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing is in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. This is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality rating. You could definitely do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Canonsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities fared better in this area. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This place received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another quality feature for this facility is that it was awarded an above average long-term care score. In fact, this wound up being its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 98.722046 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
The third highest category we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Short-term care ratings are critical for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Switching gears to our last area, this facility was awarded a B- for nursing, which we consider to be an acceptable score. Our nursing grade includes a host of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 3.3% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 86.27% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients well-being.
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenery Center for Rehab and Nursing, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Canonsburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.45 miles away100 Medical Boulevard Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 873-5892
- Washington Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away155 Wilson Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 225-7000
- St Clair HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away1000 Bower Hill Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15243Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 942-4000
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 17.45 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.99 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Liberty Dialysis - Southpointe1.44 miles away1200 Corporate Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (724) 745-5565
- Dci of Hillpointe2.72 miles away131 Hillpointe Drive Canonsburg Pennsylvania 15317Dialysis Stations: 23 (724) 873-1242
- Davita - Oak Springs Dialysis4.2 miles away764 Locust Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 229-7377
- Dci of Washington5.01 miles away280 North Avenue Washington Pennsylvania 15301Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 229-8834
- Liberty Dialysis - Washington5.71 miles away90 West Chestnut Street 100 East Wing Washington Pennsylvania 15301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 228-7398
- Davita - Bethel Park10.7 miles away6000 Alicia Drive Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 4 (412) 833-2612
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Hills11.71 miles away4651 Library Road Bethel Park Pennsylvania 15102Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 835-1229
- Davita - Jefferson Dialysis13.83 miles away14 Clairton Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15236Dialysis Stations: 17 (412) 653-6007