Greenbrier Health Center is one of 25 options in Cleveland, Ohio. Our grading scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely isn't a good fit for anyone. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenbrier Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we gave it an A for our inspections rating. This grade is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid facilities with a bunch of deficiencies flagged. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a bottom of the barrel score in our long-term care category. It received a lowly F in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the facility did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 71.465965 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbrier Health Center?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this facility's poor nursing grade where it received an F. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care, where this nursing home received an abysmal score in this area as well. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is definitely very concerning. Short-term care grades are often employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly scored rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. With its weak grade in this area, we were not shocked to discover that this place provides substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely wasn't a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most facilities, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbrier Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbrier Health Center, 8.68% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbrier Health Center, 3.14% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbrier Health Center, 0.26% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbrier Health Center, 7.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbrier Health Center, 20.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients which are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbrier Health Center, 54.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbrier Health Center, 77.25% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbrier Health Center, 26.86% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbrier Health Center, 9.84% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbrier Health Center, 9.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbrier Health Center, 22.34% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbrier Health Center, 91.37% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis0.62 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Parma Dialysis1.23 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West1.93 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis3.16 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights3.72 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis3.88 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis5.8 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern5.88 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630