Greenbrier Health Center turns out to be one of a list of 48 facilities located in Cleveland, Ohio. The city has more options to choose from compared to most areas in the country. Sporting an overall grade of D, this is a relatively poor facility. Based on our ratings, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most prospective residents. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection score. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Greenbrier Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not very complementary of this nursing home's overall score, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received an excellent inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A. Inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid places with a bunch of deficiencies flagged. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Tragically, we gave this facility an F for its long-term care grade. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 61.24402 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly less than what we expected. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbrier Health Center?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. The nursing grade is based on a host of datapoints. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. With just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is a poor score. Short-term care ratings are important for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a grade of this caliber in this category, we weren't shocked to discover that this nursing home was below average in several staffing figures we looked at. It provided substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most facilities. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.1 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbrier Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbrier Health Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbrier Health Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbrier Health Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbrier Health Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbrier Health Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbrier Health Center, 20.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbrier Health Center, 90.12% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbrier Health Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbrier Health Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbrier Health Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbrier Health Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbrier Health Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Southwest General Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away18697 Bagley Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 816-6701
- Fairview HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away18101 Lorain Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44111Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 476-7000
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.14 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.24 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh St John Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away29000 Center Ridge Road Westlake Ohio 44145Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 835-8000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.26 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Davita - Parma Heights Dialysis0.62 miles away9050 North Church Drive Cleveland Ohio 44130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 842-0895
- Davita - Parma Dialysis1.23 miles away6735 Ames Road Cleveland Ohio 44129Dialysis Stations: 19 (440) 743-0690
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic West1.93 miles away14670 Snow Road Brookpark Ohio 44142CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (216) 267-1451
- Davita - Middleburg Heights Dialysis3.16 miles away7360 Engle Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 24 (440) 891-5645
- Center for Dialysis Care Middleburg Heights3.72 miles away6749 Eastland Road Cleveland Ohio 44130Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 234-3916
- Davita - Ridge Park Dialysis3.88 miles away4805 Pearl Road Cleveland Ohio 44109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 398-6029
- Davita Rockside Dialysis5.8 miles away4801 Acorn Drive Independence Ohio 44131Dialysis Stations: 14 (216) 525-0990
- Davita - Villa of Great Northern5.88 miles away22710 Fairview Center Dr., Ste 100 Cleveland Ohio 44126Dialysis Stations: 7 (440) 734-4630