Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of 11 facilities in Bradenton, Florida. We gave this nursing home a B overall, which is a solid grade. We were equally impressed that Bradenton received a B+ city grade, making this a great place to find a nursing home. Based on our assessment, you can do much worse than this nursing home. Fortunately, this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection scores are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also was given a high-end short-term care score. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this area. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B- in this area. Long-term care grades assess a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.004974 percent of its residents. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home was given a respectable nursing grade of B-. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below average. Lastly, although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 2.43% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.8 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.86 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center1.05 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Bradenton Dialysis2.47 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC3.34 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center3.49 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton3.65 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis8.33 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center8.87 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Manasota Dialysis10.56 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864