Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is one of 10 facilities in Bradenton, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+, making it ranked among the five highest graded nursing homes in the city. Based on all of the relevant data, you can do much worse than this place. This nursing home also received strong ratings in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Bradenton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating weighs many subcategories, but the paramount one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also excelled in inspections. In fact, we gave it an B+ for that area. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also was given favorable long-term care scores this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our stronger grades in that area, with a score of B. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this facility was awarded a very strong short-term care rating. This nursing home did not end up having any weaknesses. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients that have sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. More frequent bathing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 7.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 19.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.42% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 100% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 5.13% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.96% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 13.07% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greenbriar Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 61.86% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 9 other nursing homes
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.8 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.86 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center1.05 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Bradenton Dialysis2.47 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC3.34 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center3.49 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton3.65 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis8.33 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center8.87 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Manasota Dialysis10.56 miles away6960 Professional Pkwy E Units 4 & 5 Sarasota Florida 34240Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 362-2864