Premier Rehab and Healthcare is one of just a few available facilities in Nashua, New Hampshire. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A score in this range requires respectable marks in most areas. You can definitely do much worse than this place. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Premier Rehab and Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a quality overall score as described above, but we especially want to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was given a strong long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that area with a score of B+. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 93.63905 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Premier Rehab and Healthcare?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. There are numerous subcategories included in this category. Most of the datapoints are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was short-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in that area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Premier Rehab and Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 5.77% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 95.49% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 12.13 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Premier Rehab and Healthcare, 78.43% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.82 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.87 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.24 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.71 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.17 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis1.93 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.4.03 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center9.75 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Davita Derry Dialysis11.26 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry11.26 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Versailles Dialysis LLC11.76 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc11.84 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford11.91 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981