Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center is in the large metropolitan area of Fort Worth, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of B+, this facility should work for most prospective patients. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better facilities in the city. Keep reading to see this nursing home's category scores, which are also impressive. It's hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong nursing home is that it earned an impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this nursing home also earned a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.6139 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B. In our short-term care grade, we endeavor to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It doesn't look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to the final category, this nursing home received an extremely favorable nursing rating. This nursing home didn't end up having any weak grades. Our nursing score looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Valley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills2.39 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- North Hills Dialysis2.82 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Northeast Ft Worth Dialysis Ct3.49 miles away4121 Denton Hwy Haltom City Texas 76117Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 581-1515
- Keller Dialysis3.81 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- Renal Center of the Hills4.14 miles away6331 Boulevard 26 Suite 200 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 25 (817) 284-3343
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center4.23 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Keller4.4 miles away4420 Heritage Trace Pkwy Ste 312 Keller Texas 76244CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 993-6516
- Renal Center of Keller, LLC4.96 miles away10708 Victoria Ash Dr Keller Texas 76244Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 431-6533