Green Park Senior Living Community is in Saint Louis, Missouri, which is among the largest cities in the nation. Our scoring system was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall grade of F. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Green Park Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a very impressive government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our more favorable grades in that area with a B. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have a long list of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. The nursing score considers several datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Park Senior Living Community?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of short-term care. In our short-term care score, we try to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.9 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. We gave it an F in this area, which is a poor grade. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. One of the data points we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.28319 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Park Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 88.89% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic0.46 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center1.18 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis2.83 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Home Dialysis South3.19 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Crestwood Dialysis3.39 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.61 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.17 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Fmc - Arnold6.33 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160