Green Park Senior Living Community is in Saint Louis, Missouri, which is among the largest cities in the nation. Our scoring system was not kind to this facility, as we gave it an overall grade of F. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Saint Louis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Green Park Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Green Park Senior Living Community has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we gave this facility an abysmal overall grade, we gave it a B- for our nursing category. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this area. This facility provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat concerning figure as it is well below average. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to learn that this nursing home earned a solid long-term care rating this year. We gave it a C in this area. In the area of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of care offered by a facility, as opposed to more sophisticated services. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 96.296295 percent of its residents, which is an above average total. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Park Senior Living Community?
Unfortunately, this facility received very poor inspections in recent years, causing them to receive a lowly F for inspections. An F in this category is typically a signal that there were some red flags on the nursing home's government inspections. For places with bad inspection ratings, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F in this area, which is an abysmal grade. Our short-term care grades are probably most important for patients requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates more skilled nursing services. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this place offers substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Park Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 9.2% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 3.29% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 20.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 5.4% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 86.07% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 15.8% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 13.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 13.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 13.27 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Park Senior Living Community, 71.67% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 2.6 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.05 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 7.57 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.66 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic0.46 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- South County Dialysis Center1.18 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis2.83 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- Home Dialysis South3.19 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- Crestwood Dialysis3.39 miles away9560 Watson Road Suite A Saint Louis Missouri 63126Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 842-0322
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis3.61 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Shrewsbury Dialysis4.17 miles away7303 Watson Road Suite 7 Saint Louis Missouri 63119CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 832-2461
- Fmc - Arnold6.33 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160