Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Malvern, Pennsylvania, which has a total of 24,760 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically suggests some red flags. This nursing home has very little going for it. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Malvern senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home's overall grade, it actually received a very impressive inspection report this year. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid facilities that have a long list of severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next highest area turned out to be its long-term care score, where it received a grade of C. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this nursing home administered the vaccine to just 14.40536 percent of its residents, which is well below average. Nevertheless, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this area. This facility averaged only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility really didn't perform very well here either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care scores are presumably more meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.2 percent of its patients returning home. This was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.01% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.53% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.02% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 23.72% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.09% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 48.56% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.98% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.81% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7.81% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Meadows Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 79.65% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Paoli HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away255 West Lancaster Avenue Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 648-1000
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.88 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.89 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away130 South Bryn Mawr Ave Bryn Mawr Pennsylvania 19010Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 526-3000
- Einstein Medical Center MontgomeryAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away559 West Germantown Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19403Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 662-1000
- Suburban Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.39 miles away2701 Dekalb Pike Norristown Pennsylvania 19401Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 278-2000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.38 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid Atlantic Inc0.71 miles away4 Industrial Boulevard, Suite 155 Paoli Pennsylvania 19301Dialysis Stations: 9 (610) 644-3941
- Fresenius Kidney Care - West Chester4.51 miles away1380 Enterprise Dr., Suite 300 West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 701-0103
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.5.57 miles away785 Starr Street, Suite 116 Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Dialysis Stations: 1 (610) 415-1019
- Davita - Westtown Dialysis6.92 miles away105 Westtown Road West Chester Pennsylvania 19382CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (610) 701-2492
- Dialyze Direct Pa LLC7.57 miles away495 Thomas Jones Way, Suite 300 Exton Pennsylvania 19341Dialysis Stations: 1 (484) 870-9260
- Davita - Radnor Dialysis8.13 miles away250 King of Prussia Road Wayne Pennsylvania 19087Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 254-0070
- Davita - Broomall Dialysis9.56 miles away2835 W. Chester Pike, Suite 2 Broomall Pennsylvania 19008Dialysis Stations: 15 (610) 356-2719
- Riddle Dialysis Center10.02 miles away100 Granite Drive, Suite 106 Media Pennsylvania 19063CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 892-4701