Green Meadows Health Care Center 1 is a large nursing home located in Mount Washington, Kentucky. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable score. You could certainly do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this place didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Green Meadows Health Care Center 1
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Mount Washington senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 43.82716 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Meadows Health Care Center 1?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing grade weighs a number of factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Kentucky in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of turning patients at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility was awarded a grade of C for short-term care, which is generally a respectable score. Our short-term care ratings are critical for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Meadows Health Care Center 1 Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 4.81% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 5.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 17.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 23.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 0.34% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 66.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 15.38% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 25.84% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 25.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 8.6% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Green Meadows Health Care Center 1, 68.51% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Flaget Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away4305 New Shepherdsville Road Bardstown Kentucky 40004Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 350-5000
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 14.33 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 15.66 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.41 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 17.58 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 17.65 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Fmc - East Louisville6.25 miles away6455 Bardstown Road Louisville Kentucky 40291CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 239-8221
- Davita - Sheperdsville Dialysis8.81 miles away150 Brooks Way, Suite 15 Brooks Kentucky 40109Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 955-2153
- Fmc-South Central Louisville9.02 miles away8319 Preston Highway Suite C,D,E Louisville Kentucky 40219CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 968-2225
- Fmc - Shepherdsville9.22 miles away421 Adam Shepherd Parkway Shepherdsville Kentucky 40165Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 921-0977
- Davita - Meadows East11.65 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC12.18 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- University Kidney Center - Broadway12.99 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies13.71 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650