Green Acres Lodge is located in Rosemead, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of C. A grade in this range requires some decent marks. This place has a few things working in its favor. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing score, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Green Acres Lodge
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Rosemead senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Part of the reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received a very favorable nursing rating. Its nursing grade ended up being its best category. In this area, we gave this nursing home a B+. The nursing score weighs quite a few datapoints, most of which are associated with nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to point out that this nursing home received strong long-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our better scores in this area, with a grade of B. This proved to be the facility's second strongest grade. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.68848 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Green Acres Lodge?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of B. It actually outpaced most nursing homes in this area. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is more often than not a solid measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
The last category we assessed was inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it an F in this category. This ended up pulling down this nursing home's overall score quite a bit. For facilities with poor inspection grades, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home had 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they posed a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years of more than $100,000. This often signifies that a facility's poor track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Green Acres Lodge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Green Acres Lodge, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Green Acres Lodge, 1.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that have had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Green Acres Lodge, 2.46% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Green Acres Lodge, 30.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Green Acres Lodge, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Green Acres Lodge, 0% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Green Acres Lodge, 99.56% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Green Acres Lodge, 24.68% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Green Acres Lodge, 15.3% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility.
In Green Acres Lodge, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Green Acres Lodge, 15.3% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Green Acres Lodge, 2.9% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Scores for Rosemead, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Rosemead, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.04 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis1.45 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Rosemead Dialysis Center1.9 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center2.08 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- u.s. Renal Care Montebello Dialysis2.12 miles away433 N. 4th. St., Suite 102 Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (323) 278-5555
- Davita-Garfield Home Program2.26 miles away228 N. Garfield Avenue, #301 Monterey Park California 91754Dialysis Stations: 4 (626) 288-6379
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center2.37 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Fmc-El Monte2.49 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Davita-Doctors Dialysis Center of Montebello2.75 miles away1721 W. Whittier Blvd. Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (323) 722-1116