Greek American Rehab Care Center is a large non-profit nursing home located in Wheeling, Illinois. This nursing home received an overall grade of B, which is a good grade. This nursing home definitely has plenty going for it. This nursing home also received impressive grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Greek American Rehab Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Wheeling senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received top notch inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our best grades in that category, with an A-. Our inspection scores account for several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it was given an above average short-term care score. Indeed, this wound up being its second best category grade. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a B. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Greek American Rehab Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B. It outpaced most facilities in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the next category, this nursing home was given a strong nursing score. This nursing home did not end up having any weak areas. Our nursing rating is based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greek American Rehab Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 31.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 87.05% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Greek American Rehab Care Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.36 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 12.83 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.46 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis3.81 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center3.82 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Highland5.37 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Glen Dialysis5.54 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center5.73 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center5.88 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc6.16 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows6.59 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250