Located in South El Monte, California, Greater El Monte Community Hos is one of just three available nursing homes there. We gave this facility an overall grade of A, resulting in it being the highest graded facility in South El Monte. We also want to point out that this place is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive healthcare services are available. As you will find below, this facility performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Greater El Monte Community Hos
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned excellent health inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our highest scores in that area, with a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A- in our nursing category. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Greater El Monte Community Hos?
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this nursing home was awarded a strong grade of A- in our long-term care area. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The fourth category we rated is short-term care, where this nursing home was given an A-. This completed a very strong profile. Few facilities earned an A- or better in every category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is considered to be a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Greater El Monte Community Hos Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients who have had urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Greater El Monte Community Hos, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.97 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 5.62 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Fmc-El Monte0.47 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center0.63 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center1.85 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.96 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis3.49 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Rosemead Dialysis Center4 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- u.s. Renal Care Montebello Dialysis4.08 miles away433 N. 4th. St., Suite 102 Montebello California 90640CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (323) 278-5555
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC4.18 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830