Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility in Mountain View, California. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our higher ratings. This grade is even higher than the city grade of A- in Mountain View, which is also an impressive grade. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its nursing grade, which we will address in the next section.
Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. When determining our nursing scores, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
We also would like to point out the fact that this facility was awarded an elite grade of A in our short-term care area. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home also performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of B+. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was this nursing home's poorest category. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a decent grade of B- in long-term care. Our long-term care ratings are based on the facility's amount of care. This means a vast range of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinates 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients that had a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grant Cuesta Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.28 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 4.94 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 11.51 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Davita El Camino Dialysis0.65 miles away412 West El Camino Real Mountain View California 94043Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 962-1903
- Satellite Dialysis Mountain View0.67 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 100 Mountain View California 94040CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 417-6420
- Wellbound of Mountain View0.67 miles away247 West El Camino Real Suite 200 Mountain View California 94040Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 417-6460
- Satellite Dialysis Sunnyvale3.49 miles away155 North Wolfe Rd Sunnyvale California 94086CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 617-1887
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center5.19 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Lucile Packard Stanford Pediatric Dialysis5.64 miles away725 Welch Road Pediatric Dialysis Rm 1229 Palo Alto California 94304Dialysis Stations: 6 (650) 498-5544
- San Jose at Home6.4 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center6.46 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103