Grandview Center is located in Cumberland, Rhode Island, a city with 33,396 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Based on our ratings, this place has quite a bit going for it. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its strong short-term care rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Cumberland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Cumberland, Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Cumberland, Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Cumberland, Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality facility overall, this nursing home really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this category. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is generally a reliable measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed at a high level in the category of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Grandview Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Nursing ratings are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of C. This actually is this nursing home's worst category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grandview Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grandview Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grandview Center, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grandview Center, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grandview Center, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grandview Center, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grandview Center, 2.02% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grandview Center, 93.99% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grandview Center, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grandview Center, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grandview Center, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grandview Center, 13.94 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grandview Center, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.68 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.69 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 8.13 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket2.37 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Nna - Pawtucket2.5 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center4.08 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island4.55 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- Nna of Providence4.57 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC6.04 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital6.44 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Attleboro Dialysis Center6.67 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218