Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center is in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. This city has a total of 15,917 people. This facility received an overall score of F. In our view, you would be better off to steer clear of this place. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care ratings are likely most meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
This facility really excelled in our nursing category, where it received a grade of C. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. When computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing scores also consider quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the category of long-term care. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. Once we finished looking at the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated only 59.022556 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
In our final category of inspections, this facility received an F here. Since this information is collected by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight poor results in this category. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection rating. We recommend you pay close attention to the level of severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home had 2 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we would like to point out that this facility was assessed significant government fines in recent years in excess of $50,000. This generally means that CMS inspectors grew tired after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 6.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 3.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents that experienced falls which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 13.83% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 15.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 6.26% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 92.96% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 20.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 20.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 13.08 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grande Prairie Hlth and Rehab Center, 75.51% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Aurora Medical Ctr KenoshaAcute Care Hospitals 0.41 miles away10400 75th St Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 948-5600
- Froedtert South - Kenosha Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away6308 Eighth Ave Kenosha Wisconsin 53143Government - Local(262) 656-2011
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.44 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Ascension All Saints HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.09 miles away3801 Spring St Racine Wisconsin 53405Voluntary non-profit - Church(262) 687-4011
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Aurora Medical Center BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 19.37 miles away252 Mchenry St Burlington Wisconsin 53105Voluntary non-profit - Private(262) 767-6545
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.91 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Kenosha2.32 miles away6804 Green Bay Rd Suite 108 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 697-1090
- Kidney Replacement Therapies2.81 miles away6125 Green Bay Rd Suite 100 Kenosha Wisconsin 53142Dialysis Stations: 13 (262) 564-8636
- Froedtert South, Inc.- St. Catherine's Kidney Center3.67 miles away9555 76th St Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin 53158CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (262) 577-8791
- Fmc - Zion8.74 miles away1920 Sheridan Road Zion Illinois 60099Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 731-7010
- Fmc - Antioch9.93 miles away311 W. Depot Street, Suite H Antioch Illinois 60002Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 395-5854
- Fresenius Medical Care Midwest Racine10.37 miles away5409 Durand Ave Racine Wisconsin 53406Dialysis Stations: 17 (262) 554-7481
- Beach Park Dialysis11.28 miles away3113 N. Lewis Avenue Waukegan Illinois 60087Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 782-8250
- Davita - Willow Creek Dialysis11.5 miles away1139 Warwick Way Racine Wisconsin 53406CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (262) 884-2730