Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu is in Cleveland, Ohio, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. We gave this facility an alarming overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cleveland, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Three Merit Dr,
Cleveland OH 44143
87.84% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a horrible overall grade, we gave it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this nursing home an D. The nursing grade weighs several factors, however, the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a a very poor score in our short-term care category. It received an F in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is generally a fair measure of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.2 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in that area. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other facilities provide. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 76.39405 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is quite a few points lower than average. Surprisingly, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which have sustained a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 20.26% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 90.12% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.28 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid1.61 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.01 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center5.78 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe7.17 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.7.58 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center7.85 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program7.93 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013