Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu is in Cleveland, Ohio, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. We gave this facility an alarming overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Cleveland. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection rating. You can continue reading to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we gave this place a terrible overall score, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This was due to the facility receiving a decent inspection report this year. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our long-term care score and that actually ended up being its second most favorable category. Nursing homes that do not score well in this category often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. After we finished looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 78.507996 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. In computing our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in this category. Our short-term care scores are probably most meaningful for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Based on its weak grade in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this facility offers significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 6.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 1.95% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 0.36% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 3.08% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 16.85% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 83.7% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 23.27% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 10.38% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients that retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 10.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 13.88% of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 84.87% of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 24 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.28 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid1.61 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.01 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center5.78 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe7.17 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.7.58 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center7.85 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program7.93 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013