Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu is in Cleveland, Ohio, which is one of the most densely populated cities in the country. This nursing home received a concerning overall grade of D in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this nursing home, you should be able to find another option in Cleveland, as the city has more than 25 nursing homes. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this nursing home a good overall score, we actually gave it a strong grade in the category of inspections, where it received a B+. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is typically best to avoid places that have a long list of deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that category. Unfortunately, this wound up being one of its better features. Short-term care grades are generally employed to score a facility's rehabilitation services. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. With a score in this range for this category, we weren't stunned to find this facility was well below average in multiple staffing figures we looked at. It supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu?
We were surprised to find that this facility also excelled in the category of nursing. In fact, we gave it a score of D for that category, which is one of our highest grades. Our nursing rating is largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was long-term care, which is this facility's least impressive category. We gave this facility a D in this category. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is a bad sign for resident care and it may mean that the place is not as well-staffed. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We found that this nursing home vaccinated just 74.13793 percent of its patients, which is somewhat alarming. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 20% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grande Pointe Healthcare Commu, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.69 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.49 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.2 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 8.25 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.77 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.1.28 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid1.61 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Community Dialysis Center5.01 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Fmc - Huron Dialysis Center5.78 miles away13944 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44112Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 541-5880
- Fkc-Ohio Renal Care Group Southpointe7.17 miles away4200 Warrensville Center Road, Suite 100 Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 368-0004
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.7.58 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center7.85 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program7.93 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013