Grand The is an average-sized nursing home located in Dublin, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of D, this is a lower end nursing home. In our view, we'd be very reluctant to recommend this place. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we didn't give this nursing home a good overall score, we gave it a strong grade in the category of short-term care, where it earned a B+. This is better than many nursing homes in this area. To some extent, this bailed out an otherwise abysmal profile. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most critical for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We gave this facility a C for the category of inspections. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. This place had 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in categories G through L. This means this facility dodged the more significant categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand The?
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area was long-term care, which is the last area we assessed. For this category, we gave this facility a grade of D. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 96.61017 percent of its residents, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand The Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand The, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand The, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand The, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents which had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand The, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand The, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand The, 20% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand The, 90.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand The, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand The, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Grand The, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand The, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand The, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grand The, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Dublin, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Dublin, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 8.48 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.04 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 10.72 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away5100 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43228Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 544-1000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.78 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nxstage Kidney Care/Nxstage Columbus LLC0.51 miles away5665 Woerner Temple Road Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 10 (614) 915-3040
- Davita - Canal Winchester1.55 miles away3568 Gender Road Canal Winchester Ohio 43110Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 834-3564
- Fmc - Columbus Northwest2.53 miles away6670 Perimeter Drive, Suite 180 Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 13 (614) 718-2863
- Davita - Dublin4 miles away6770 Perimeter Drive Dublin Ohio 43016Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 798-8359
- Bio-Medical Applications of Ohio, Inc.4.85 miles away758 Communications Parkway Columbus Ohio 43217Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 538-1060
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis5.93 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732
- Kidney Center of Columbus North7.28 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Fmc - Central Ohio7.48 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012