Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of a host of nursing home options to choose from in Saint Louis, Missouri. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Saint Louis, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. This facility didn't meet our expectations in all of our categories, but it did not receive any rock-bottom grades either. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Saint Louis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This facility really fared well in the category of long-term care, where it earned an A-. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 77.490776 percent of its patients. This is a few points less than we expected. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This is a very respectable nursing score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively minor. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Moving on to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing rating. In fact, we gave this nursing home a score of D. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is short-term care, which is the final area we looked at. For this category, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 75.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.24% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.67% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.67% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 10.91% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 22 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Forest Park Kidney Center1.25 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- St. Louis Dialysis Center1.32 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand1.6 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau1.62 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.68 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center1.97 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC2.89 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480