With an address in Saint Louis, Missouri, Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is just one of 48 possibilities in the city. This is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid rating. This nursing home proved to be one of the better facilities in Saint Louis. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of A- for our long-term care score. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 72.693726 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we expected but still a decent figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. There are many datapoints within this grade. Many of the datapoints are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility is also above average in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of B. It performed more favorably than most facilities in this area. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In the last area we looked at, we found that this nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. It earned a decent score in inspections with a grade of B-. This nursing home really didn't have any major weak links. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.68 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.31 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 12.38 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- Forest Park Kidney Center1.25 miles away4205 Forest Park Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 286-0800
- St. Louis Dialysis Center1.32 miles away2610 Clark Ave. Saint Louis Missouri 63103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (314) 534-0909
- Fmc - Saint Louis Grand1.6 miles away3691 Rutger St. #222 Drummond Hall Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (314) 762-0089
- Fmc - Chouteau1.62 miles away4030 Chouteau Ave, 1st Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 535-2915
- Cardinal Glennon Childrens Hospital Dialysis1.68 miles away1465 S Grand Blvd Renal Dialysis Unit 3rd Floor Saint Louis Missouri 63104Dialysis Stations: 4 (314) 268-6423
- Chromalloy American Kidney Center1.97 miles away4950 Childrens Place Wohl Clinic Bldg Saint Louis Missouri 63110CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (314) 362-7209
- Saint Louis Childrens Hospital Dialysis2 miles awayOne Childrens Place 2n90 Saint Louis Missouri 63110Dialysis Stations: 5 (314) 454-6065
- Gateway St Louis Dialysis, LLC2.89 miles away4100 Union Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63115Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 382-3480