Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center turns out to be one of 45 nursing homes in Bronx, New York. The city has more choices than most other areas in the nation. This nursing home was given an extremely poor overall score based on the data we assessed. This nursing home is really as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is discussed in the next section.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection scores are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't perform terribly in the category of long-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which ended up being among its higher scores. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 81.53214 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be significantly below what we were hoping for. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Our next area we looked at is short-term care, in which this facility was given an F. In our short-term care assessment, we endeavor to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. As you might expect, we found that this facility provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The last category we looked at was nursing. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in this category. There are a number of criteria within this grade. Many of these criteria reflect levels of nurse staffing. This place provided a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.2% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 91.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 44 other nursing homes
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Bronx Center for Renal Dialysis0.48 miles away1010 Underhill Avenue Bronx New York 10472CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 863-8300
- Davita Soundview Dialysis Center0.84 miles away1622-24 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10473CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (718) 861-2334
- Davita Bronx River Dialysis1.68 miles away1616 Bronxdale Avenue Bronx New York 10462CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (718) 430-9800
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.1.81 miles away931 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10459Dialysis Stations: 36 (718) 378-0921
- Pelham Parkway Dialysis Center1.94 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bldg 5 Dialysis Center Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 409-1909
- Waters Place Dialysis Center2.01 miles away1733 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 822-1968
- Fms-Eastchester2.2 miles away1776 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (718) 792-0470
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC2.2 miles away1776 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 239-2089