Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is one of 15 possibilities in Bronx, New York. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Bronx senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were in categories G through L. This means that this facility avoided the more ominous categories of deficiencies. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
Incredibly, we awarded this facility a C for our long-term care score, which isn't too bad of a score. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this nursing home provided the vaccine to only 79.82885 percent of its patients, which is well below average. Fortunately, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only received a D for its short-term care score, which is not a score to write home about. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most critical for folks in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. With its grade in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this place was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this nursing home's short-term care grade.
The last category we looked at was nursing, which ended up being this facility's least impressive category. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. There are a host of factors included in this area. Most of the subcategories are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided a meager 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these data points to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 6.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.23% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.66% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.19% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 15.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 70.1% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.08% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.88% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 4.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 16.17% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grand Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 60.86% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Bronx, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bronx, New York has 14 other nursing homes
- Bronx-Lebanon Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.49 miles away1276 Fulton Avenue Bronx New York 10456Proprietary(212) 588-7000
- Jacobi Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bronx New York 10461Government - Local(718) 918-5000
- St Barnabas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away4422 Third Avenue Bronx New York 10457Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 960-9000
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Bronx Center for Renal Dialysis0.48 miles away1010 Underhill Avenue Bronx New York 10472CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 863-8300
- Davita Soundview Dialysis Center0.84 miles away1622-24 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10473CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (718) 861-2334
- Davita Bronx River Dialysis1.68 miles away1616 Bronxdale Avenue Bronx New York 10462CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (718) 430-9800
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.1.81 miles away931 Bruckner Blvd Bronx New York 10459Dialysis Stations: 36 (718) 378-0921
- Pelham Parkway Dialysis Center1.94 miles away1400 Pelham Parkway South Bldg 5 Dialysis Center Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 409-1909
- Waters Place Dialysis Center2.01 miles away1733 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 822-1968
- Fms-Eastchester2.2 miles away1776 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (718) 792-0470
- Vestal Healthcare, LLC2.2 miles away1776 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10461Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 239-2089