Gran Grans Place is a small nursing home in Yukon, Oklahoma. This facility appears to be ranked among the higher-graded facilities we looked at. A grade of this caliber requires high-end marks across the board. We rated this nursing home in the 50 best nursing homes in Oklahoma. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gran Grans Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Yukon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an A-. Our nursing grade includes many factors. The most important one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Gran Grans Place?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received a favorable long-term care score as well. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area with a grade of B. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 83.60656 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is short-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a strong grade of B. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gran Grans Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gran Grans Place, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gran Grans Place, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gran Grans Place, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gran Grans Place, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gran Grans Place, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term care residents that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gran Grans Place, 4.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gran Grans Place, 92.54% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gran Grans Place, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gran Grans Place, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is critical to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Gran Grans Place, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gran Grans Place, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Integris Canadian Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away1201 Health Center Parkway Yukon Oklahoma 73099Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 717-6800
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Fmcna - Yukon Jv1.24 miles away1320 W Vandament Ave Yukon Oklahoma 73099CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (405) 350-3751
- Davita - Yukon Dialysis1.36 miles away12801 Nw 10th St Suite 400 Yukon Oklahoma 73099Dialysis Stations: 13 (405) 350-3017
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training4.26 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Davita - Northwest Bethany5.59 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis8.04 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City9.89 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis10.44 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC11.45 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803