Gran Grans Place is a small nursing home in Yukon, Oklahoma. It looks like this is a fine facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. The best part of this nursing home's impressive report card was its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Gran Grans Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Among its many impressive scores, this facility earned an excellent nursing grade. We gave it an B+ in that category. Our nursing score is based on a number of factors. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Gran Grans Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we gave it one of our better grades in that area, with a score of B. For patients seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 90.789474 percent of its residents. This is a bit lower than we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was short-term care, in which this facility was awarded a B. This nursing home did not prove to have any identifiable weaknesses. In our short-term care category, we attempt to forge a sound measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gran Grans Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gran Grans Place, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gran Grans Place, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents that suffered a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gran Grans Place, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gran Grans Place, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gran Grans Place, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gran Grans Place, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gran Grans Place, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gran Grans Place, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gran Grans Place, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Gran Grans Place, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gran Grans Place, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
- Integris Canadian Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away1201 Health Center Parkway Yukon Oklahoma 73099Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 717-6800
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 9.77 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.23 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Fmcna - Yukon Jv1.24 miles away1320 W Vandament Ave Yukon Oklahoma 73099CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (405) 350-3751
- Davita - Yukon Dialysis1.36 miles away12801 Nw 10th St Suite 400 Yukon Oklahoma 73099Dialysis Stations: 13 (405) 350-3017
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training4.26 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Davita - Northwest Bethany5.59 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis8.04 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City9.89 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis10.44 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC11.45 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803