Gracy Woods Nursing Center I is in Austin, Texas. The city offers several available nursing homes. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A grade in this range typically suggests some red flags. Based on our analysis, this place likely isn't the best fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gracy Woods Nursing Center I
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Austin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections rating. This grade is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is well below average. Lastly, while this nursing home got dinged a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracy Woods Nursing Center I?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in that category. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in long-term care likely don't provide the type of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 89.21568 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly below what we expected. Surprisingly, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home really didn't perform very well here either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. Our short-term care scores are crucial for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its abysmal rating in this category, we were not surprised to learn that this nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracy Woods Nursing Center I Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 3.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 6.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 16.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 3.15% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 86.17% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 7.75% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 3.04% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 3.04% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 11.82% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gracy Woods Nursing Center I, 11.73% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- North Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.78 miles away12221 Mopac Expressway North Austin Texas 78758Proprietary(512) 901-1000
- Ascension Seton NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 2.65 miles away11113 Research Boulevard Austin Texas 78759Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-6000
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 6.86 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Round Rock Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock Texas 78681Proprietary(512) 341-1000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center PflugervilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away2600 East Pflugerville Parkway Pflugerville Texas 78660Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 654-6100
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.84 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Nna - North0.63 miles away12221 Renfert Way Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (512) 873-0346
- Wellbound of Austin0.89 miles away12176 N Mo Pac Expressway, Suite A Austin Texas 78758Dialysis Stations: 4 (512) 833-6695
- Satellite Dialysis Metric1.82 miles away10000 Metric Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78758CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (512) 977-0300
- Madison Dialysis, LLC2.7 miles away11150 Research Blvd. Austin Texas 78759Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 342-1097
- Davita Pflugerville Dialysis4.26 miles away2606 W. Pecan St Bldg 3, Ste 300 Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 12 (512) 990-7785
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas Inc4.26 miles away2129 W Pecan St Pflugerville Texas 78660Dialysis Stations: 13 (512) 989-9366
- Waterloo Dialysis Center5.64 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas6.66 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213