Gracewood Health & Rehab is a large facility in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This nursing home received an extremely poor overall rating based on the data we assessed. Based on our assessment, this facility probably isn't a fit for any prospective resident. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gracewood Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Gracewood Health & Rehab has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Tulsa senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Inspection grades weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Short-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we awarded this nursing home a C for our short-term care score, which is not too bad of a score. Our short-term care grade is often used to judge a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its level of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracewood Health & Rehab?
This facility's next best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a rock bottom grade in this area also. It received a lowly F for this category, which is definitely very concerning. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to resident care. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home gave the vaccine to a relatively low 81.44796 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracewood Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of poor nursing care. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 4.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 92.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracewood Health & Rehab, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 11 other nursing homes
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 2.69 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 4.11 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.13 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis2.02 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis2.7 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock2.73 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.59 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - Central Tulsa4.31 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Fmcna - North Harvard4.9 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- Davita - Southcrest5.39 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - South Tulsa5.45 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841