Gracelen Terrace Nf is in the large metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon with a total of 841,711 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated facilities in Portland. In a city with more than 30 other facilities, you ought to be able to find an alternative. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is nursing, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gracelen Terrace Nf
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Gracelen Terrace Nf has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Portland senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home very poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing rating this year. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. Our nursing rating analyzes the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to find that this nursing home received a reasonably solid short-term care score this year. We gave it a B- in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely impact the quality of care. The final metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracelen Terrace Nf?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in that category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means the nursing home didn't perform well in our measures relating to resident care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 91.46342 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
In the final category of inspections, this facility fared very poorly. It received an F in our inspection category. When a nursing home has this bad of an inspection grade, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This nursing home was assessed a deficiency by government inspectors. We were relieved to find that it was not in one of the categories that suggest that it posed a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracelen Terrace Nf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 2.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 2.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which had falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 3.25% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 41.44% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 18.64% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 2.65% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 89.48% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 23.35% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 28.24% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 0.16 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 28.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 13 other nursing homes
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Portland Dialysis Center1.95 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.09 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic2.88 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis2.96 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Oregon Kidney Center4.73 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.87 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis5.05 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Lake Road Dialysis5.2 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288