Gracelen Terrace Nf is in the large metropolitan area of Portland, Oregon with a total of 841,711 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated facilities in Portland. In a city with more than 30 other facilities, you ought to be able to find an alternative. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category is inspections, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Gracelen Terrace Nf
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Gracelen Terrace Nf has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing rating is mostly based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, while this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic.
Does this page answer your questions about Gracelen Terrace Nf?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home received just a D in that area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 94.308945 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is short-term care, which proved to be a low point for this facility. We gave this facility a D for our short-term care category. Short-term care scores are critical for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its grade in this category, we were not stunned to find that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the figures we assessed. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gracelen Terrace Nf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 5.65% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many would argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 92.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gracelen Terrace Nf, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 1.47 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.94 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 6.66 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Legacy Mount Hood Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away24800 Se Stark Street Gresham Oregon 97030Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 674-1122
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.32 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Portland Dialysis Center1.95 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.09 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic2.88 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis2.96 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170
- Oregon Kidney Center4.73 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Fmc Clackamas Kidney Center4.87 miles away13560 Se 97th Ave Clackamas Oregon 97015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (503) 659-8200
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis5.05 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Lake Road Dialysis5.2 miles away6902 Se Lake Rd, Suite 100 Portland Oregon 97267CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 794-1288