Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Memphis, Tennessee which has a total of 697,385 people. We gave this facility an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you aren't happy with this facility's overall grade, you should be able to find a better option in Memphis. The city has at least 10 other nursing homes. Even though this facility was given a single encouraging category score in long-term care, which you can find more information about below.
Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1250 Farrow Road,
Memphis TN 38116
53.58% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home did not perform quite as poorly in the area of long-term care. We awarded it a C for that category. In determining our long-term care grades, we assess the assistance with daily living received by a nursing home's residents. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We discovered that this nursing home administered the vaccine to just 55.82524 percent of its patients, which is several points lower than we expected. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grade where it received a lowly F. This usually means we found some major red flags on its inspection reports. For places with poor inspection ratings, you should really scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This facility had 8 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a risk to resident safety or health. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines of more than $100,000. This typically indicates that a nursing home'spoor track record has been an issue for several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. The nursing score features several subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. This facility received an abysmal grade of F in that area. In our short-term care rating, we attempt to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 9.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 89.05% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.99 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 8.17 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Methodist Healthcare - Olive Branch HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.58 miles away4250 Bethel Road Olive Branch Mississippi 38654Voluntary non-profit - Private(662) 932-9000
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 15.71 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Fmc Graceland0.12 miles away1200 Farrow Street Memphis Tennessee 38116CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 398-1163
- Memphis South Dialysis0.72 miles away1205 Marlin Road Memphis Tennessee 38116CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 346-6637
- Nra-Memphis (South)0.77 miles away4185 Pace Rd Memphis Tennessee 38116CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (901) 345-8649
- Fmc Whitehaven0.92 miles away4115 South Plaza Drive Memphis Tennessee 38116Dialysis Stations: 33 (901) 398-6388
- Isd Renal Inc1.05 miles away4180 Auburn Road Memphis Tennessee 38116Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 332-8699
- Davita State Line1.52 miles away2049 E Shelby Drive Memphis Tennessee 38119CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (901) 348-1931
- Dsi Memphis LLC2.03 miles away4711 Neely Road Memphis Tennessee 38109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 789-2290
- Deschutes Dialysis, LLC2.17 miles away5247 Airways Blvd Memphis Tennessee 38116Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 345-0671