Grace Pointe Wellness Center is a facility located in El Paso, Texas which has a population of 746,640 people. This is not a very good nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in El Paso. Based on our assessment, this place likely isn't the best fit for most people. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Grace Pointe Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2301 N Oregon St,
El Paso TX 79902
36.81% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important thing to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes that have severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Unfortunately, this facility only received a grade of D for its nursing grade, which was actually one of its better category grades. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this place's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Pointe Wellness Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in this area. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This definitely was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is a very poor score. For residents in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 96.86275 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable percentage. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Pointe Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 3.9 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 4.01 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.06 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- El Paso Health, LLC0.05 miles away2400 N Oregon St Ste C El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 533-8575
- Davita Mesa Vista Dialysis0.83 miles away1211 East Cliff Drive Suite C El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 533-8147
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview0.86 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411
- Central City Dialysis0.96 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Sun City Dialysis Center1.43 miles away600 Newman Street El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 351-2010
- Zillmar Dialysis LLC2.54 miles away2929 Montana Ave El Paso Texas 79903Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 566-0634
- Mission Hills Dialysis3.31 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis3.36 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007