Grace Pointe Wellness Center is a facility located in El Paso, Texas which has a population of 746,640 people. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel nursing home. Based on our assessment, this place probably isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category grades
Grace Pointe Wellness Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually really excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these inspections. Most importantly, you should avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies linked to endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 7 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
This facility's second best category was nursing, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This number is quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Pointe Wellness Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another concern is the F this facility was given in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care grades are likely more critical for those in need of rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its abysmal score in this category, we weren't surprised to find that this facility offers substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this category, which is a poor score. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95.68627 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Pointe Wellness Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who had UTI's. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Pointe Wellness Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 19 other nursing homes
- The Hospitals of Providence Memorial CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away2001 N Oregon St El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 577-6011
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 3.9 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 4.01 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- William Beaumont Amg (Ft Bliss)Acute Care - Department of Defense 4.06 miles away5005 N. Piedras St. El Paso Texas 79920Department of Defense(915) 742-2121
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 12.17 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- El Paso Health, LLC0.05 miles away2400 N Oregon St Ste C El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 17 (915) 533-8575
- Davita Mesa Vista Dialysis0.83 miles away1211 East Cliff Drive Suite C El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 533-8147
- Fresenius Medical Care Cliffview0.86 miles away1225 E Cliff Drive Suite 1-A El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 532-6411
- Central City Dialysis0.96 miles away1310 Murchison Drive Suite 200 El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (915) 533-0011
- Sun City Dialysis Center1.43 miles away600 Newman Street El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 351-2010
- Zillmar Dialysis LLC2.54 miles away2929 Montana Ave El Paso Texas 79903Dialysis Stations: 25 (915) 566-0634
- Mission Hills Dialysis3.31 miles away2700 North Stanton El Paso Texas 79902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 351-0722
- Us Renal Care West El Paso Dialysis3.36 miles away3100 N Stanton El Paso Texas 79902Dialysis Stations: 16 (915) 532-7007