Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway is a small nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in Oklahoma City. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in all of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong assessment, this facility also received a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 95.90164 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing rating weighs quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this facility also performed well in the short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ in that category. This finalized a very strong profile. Our short-term care scores are probably more critical for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 3.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 92.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City1.99 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis3.56 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City4.23 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.14 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.15 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis5.6 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis6.18 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC6.78 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803