Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway is a small nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in Oklahoma City. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in all of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong assessment, this facility also received a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 92.24138 percent of its residents, which is a bit lower than we anticipated. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. We assessed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a B+. This completed an elite profile. Few facilities received a B+ or higher in in each area we assessed. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 3.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 92.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City1.99 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis3.56 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City4.23 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.14 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.15 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis5.6 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis6.18 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC6.78 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803