Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway is a small nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This nursing home proved to be a grade A facility, which is a truly elite rating. Not surprisingly, this proved to be substantially better than many of the facilities in Oklahoma City. This nursing home also received consistently good ratings in all of our categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it earned one of our highest grades in that category with an A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. When determining our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Oklahoma in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is long-term care. Adding to its high-end profile, this facility also performed well in this category. In fact, it received a of A- in the category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 94.33962 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we graded, this nursing home received an impressive grade grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out an elite report card. Our short-term care ratings are believed to be more important for residents needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term patients which experienced a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 4.69% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 92.54% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Wilshire & Broadway, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.66 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City1.99 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis3.56 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City4.23 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.14 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.15 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis5.6 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis6.18 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC6.78 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803