Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. Even in a city offering 31 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a fine selection. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong facility is that it received a very impressive inspection rating. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also excelled in the category of nursing. We awarded it a grade of B+ for that category. Nursing grades are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given an impressive short-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our better grades in that area with a grade of B. Short-term care grades are typically used to gauge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. We awarded it a C in that area. This is a fair grade in this category. For prospective residents in need of a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.85714 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 10.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 2.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who have sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 0.72% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 23.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 98.39% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 5.15% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 15.18% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 15.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 36.46% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 90.13% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 30 other nursing homes
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.61 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr1.4 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Oklahoma City South2.1 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv3.11 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Cleveland Pd3.9 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Ou Children Dialysis4.88 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.03 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.71 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Davita - Moore Dialysis5.83 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439