Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. Even in a city offering 32 nursing homes, this nursing home should be a fine selection. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next section.
Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this nursing home also received favorable long-term care grades this year. Indeed, we awarded them one of our stronger scores in that area, with a score of B. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 97.81421 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. There are a host of datapoints included in this grade. Most of the datapoints are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D in the area of short-term care, making this its least impressive category grade. Short-term care grades are typically employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. It appears that this facility was subpar in many staffing metrics we looked at. The facility supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 3.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 92.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Southwest O K C, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.61 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 5 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.37 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr1.4 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Oklahoma City South2.1 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv3.11 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Cleveland Pd3.9 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Ou Children Dialysis4.88 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma5.03 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis5.71 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Davita - Moore Dialysis5.83 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439