Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc is a large nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid rating. Despite Oklahoma City offering 31 other nursing homes to select from, this facility should be a perfectly acceptable option. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a strong overall score as described above, but we especially would like to emphasize its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this area. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of long-term care, where it was given a score of B+. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.7359 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. We looked at the levels of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this metric. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving a resident more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category is short-term care, which is the last area we looked at. In this category, we gave this nursing home a grade of just D. In our short-term care category, we seek to craft a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. In this facility's case, it looks like it offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 7.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 14.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 18.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 2.68% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 95.78% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 8.08% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 5.2% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 5.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 26.26% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Northwest Okc, 85.34% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 30 other nursing homes
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.14 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma2.64 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City3.02 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Ou Children Dialysis3.6 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Davita - Northwest Bethany4.12 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis4.34 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis4.37 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City4.76 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis5.1 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739