Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy is a nursing home in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a total of 640,470 people. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Oklahoma City. The best part of this facility's report card is is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, we awarded it a B+ in this area, which is one of our more favorable scores. In crafting our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The goal is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. The nursing grade assesses several factors, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was long-term care. We gave it an F in this category, which is a very poor score. This is certainly a major concern. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.83% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 92.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kingwood Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.59 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.6 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis1.42 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Ou Children Dialysis2.33 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City2.71 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma2.86 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Midwest City4.67 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Fmcna - Heritage Park5.41 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City5.64 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis6.06 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533