Grace Living Center-Jenks is a senior living facility in Jenks, Oklahoma. The city has a population of 15,159 people. Featuring an overall rating of C, this is likely a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. You also may want to review this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Jenks
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jenks senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place's long-term care grade outpaced its overall score. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.01961 percent of its residents. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This facility's inspection grade exceeded its overall score as well. We awarded them one of our better grades in that category, with a grade of B. Our inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Jenks?
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities next most favorable area is short-term care. We awarded it a B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we scrutinize the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is more often than not a fair measure of a facility's rehabilitation. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. In fact, it offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The last measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
This nursing home's least impressive category is nursing, which is the last category we analyzed. In this area, we gave this facility a D. When determining our nursing grades, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This number is far below the national average. To go along with its subpar totals in the area of nursing hours per patient, this nursing home also didn't fare as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in determining our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of patients experiencing pressure ulcers and major falls. This nursing home had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average facility. This may be a bad sign when you consider that many bed sores and falls are believed to be preventable with better nursing care. Unfortunately, these scores hurt this facility's nursing grade quite a bit.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Jenks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 7.35% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 3.01% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this metric may be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 10.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 21.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 1.1% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 99.51% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 6.19% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 4.07% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 4.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 9.7% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Jenks, 92.82% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Oklahoma Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.28 miles away2408 East 81st Street, Suite 300 Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Physician(918) 477-5095
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.25 miles away6901 South Olympia Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74132Proprietary(918) 388-5701
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 4.52 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.27 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Fmcna - South Tulsa1.09 miles away8260 S Lewis Tulsa Oklahoma 74137Dialysis Stations: 21 (918) 299-2841
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis4 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock4.33 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis5.08 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis5.44 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Davita - Southcrest6.38 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis6.42 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fmcna - East Tulsa7.57 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427