Grace Living Center-Edmond is located in Edmond, Oklahoma. This city has a population of 141,852 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable grade. At the end of the day, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Grace Living Center-Edmond
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. In fact, its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it an A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The second most favorable category we gave this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a B-. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.651566 percent of its residents, which is an above average figure. This facility also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Edmond?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to forge a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
The next area we looked at is nursing. We awarded this facility a grade of C in that area. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Edmond Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 92.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Davita - Edmond1.74 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East2.84 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC7.07 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.63 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis7.97 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City9.15 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis9.76 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis10.61 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043