Grace Living Center-Edmond is located in Edmond, Oklahoma. This city has a population of 141,852 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. At the end of the day, this place is a good fit for quite a few people. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Edmond
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
2520 South Rankin,
Edmond OK 73013
70.93% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also earned A+ inspections recently. Its inspections are virtually flawless. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility truly excelled in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A-. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations for the senior population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Edmond?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. In determining a facility's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses are caring for patients and the levels of training of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our final category, this nursing home was given an acceptable short-term care grade. Although this isn't quite as impressive as several of its other grades, this is truly nothing to be ashamed of. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Edmond Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients that have had falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 4.69% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 92.54% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many in the industry believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients health.
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Edmond, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Summit Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away1800 South Renaissance Boulevard Edmond Oklahoma 73013Physician(405) 359-2400
- Integris Health EdmondAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away4801 Integris Parkway Edmond Oklahoma 73034Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 657-3000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Oklahoma Spine HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away14101 Parkway Commons Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134Physician(405) 749-2700
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.99 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Davita - Edmond1.74 miles away50 S Baumann Ave Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 330-6646
- Fmcna - Edmond East2.84 miles away301 Katie Michelle Blvd Edmond Oklahoma 73034Dialysis Stations: 14 (405) 341-9926
- Fmcna - Oklahoma Kidney Care Dx, LLC7.07 miles away13901 Mcauley Blvd, Ste 102 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73134CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 302-4803
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.63 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis7.97 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City9.15 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis9.76 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis10.61 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043