Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy is in the large metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a population of 640,470 people. This nursing home is a middle of the pack facility, with an overall grade of B-. Based on the data we reviewed, there are definitely much worse places out there. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
400 South Scott Street,
Oklahoma City OK 73115
78.68% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in that category with an A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily something to panic about.
This facility's second best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared with most nursing homes. Finally, nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy?
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care, where this facility received a B- in this area. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 98 percent of its patients. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care. This facility was awarded a C in the area. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 4.69% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 92.54% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Mid-Del Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 3.51 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.07 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.29 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.98 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis2.51 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Davita - Midwest City3 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Ou Children Dialysis3.17 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Heritage Park3.38 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma4.19 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City5.12 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Davita - Oklahoma City South5.25 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr5.52 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570