Located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Grace Living Center-Brookwood is on a list of 32 facilities located in the city. With an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a great choice. In fact, we found this nursing home to be better than most of the nursing homes in Oklahoma City, which has a city grade of B-. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Grace Living Center-Brookwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned an impressive inspection grade. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we gave it an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B. There are numerous datapoints included in this area. Many of the factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Brookwood?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the category of short-term care, where it was given a grade of B. It outpaced most nursing homes in this category. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. In this category, we gave this facility a C. Our long-term care scores are more meaningful for residents requiring more conventional assistance related to personal care. One of the data points we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.27007 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Brookwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 3.91% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 92.49% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to residents' health.
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 71.57% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.14 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv1.33 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Oklahoma City South1.86 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr2.03 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Cleveland Pd2.23 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Moore Dialysis3.58 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore4.2 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Ou Children Dialysis6.2 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.68 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553