Grace Living Center-Brookwood turns out to be one of a variety of nursing home options you can choose from in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. With an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a great choice. In fact, we found this nursing home to be better than most of the nursing homes in Oklahoma City, which has a city grade of B-. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Grace Living Center-Brookwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Oklahoma City senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it earned an impressive inspection grade. Inspections turned out to be its best category grade. In this category, we gave it an A. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B. There are numerous datapoints included in this area. Many of the factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Living Center-Brookwood?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable area was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B-. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for patients in need of more conventional assistance associated with activities of daily living. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 98.039215 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Living Center-Brookwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 8.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 4.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 3.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 13.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 23.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 4.69% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 92.54% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 14.6% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 13.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to patients health.
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 1.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 13.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 16.38 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Living Center-Brookwood, 75.62% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 15 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.14 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 2.67 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.62 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.84 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv1.33 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Oklahoma City South1.86 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr2.03 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Cleveland Pd2.23 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Moore Dialysis3.58 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fkc - Moore4.2 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Ou Children Dialysis6.2 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.68 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553