Located in Bethany, Oklahoma, The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy is one of just a few available facilities in the area. This facility was given an overall grade of B-, which is a respectable grade. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a nursing rating which is better than its overall grade. We gave this place an above average grade of B+ in this category. Nursing grades are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also received a strong inspection score. Inspection grades are based on the facility's recent government inspections. We awarded this facility a B in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home was given its third highest category score in the category of long-term care. We gave this facility a B- in this category, which is a decent score. Our long-term care scores are more important for people in need of more traditional assistance associated with activities of daily living. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 93.666664 percent of its residents, which is a bit below what we were hoping for. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is short-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 3.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 92.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In The Grand at Bethany Skilled Nursing & Therapy, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Integris Baptist Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away3300 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 951-8110
- Integris Community Hospital - Council CrossingAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away9417 N Council Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73162Proprietary(405) 550-3280
- Northwest Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away9204 North May Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 848-1918
- Lakeside Women's Hospital, a Member of Integris HeAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away11200 North Portland Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 936-1500
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Integris Canadian Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away1201 Health Center Parkway Yukon Oklahoma 73099Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 717-6800
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.49 miles away4300 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 752-3754
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away4050 West Memorial Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73120Physician(405) 608-3200
- Davita - Northwest Bethany0.88 miles away7800 Nw 23rd Ste A Bethany Oklahoma 73008Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 495-8606
- Fkc-Lake Hefner Dialysis3.07 miles away7201 Cherokee Plaza Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73132CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 728-1739
- Davita - Mid-Del Home Training3.65 miles away9320 E Reno Suite A Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 732-0744
- Fmcna - Northwest Oklahoma City3.86 miles away3107 Nw 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 949-0237
- Davita Lake Hefner Dialysis4.66 miles away6917 N May Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73116Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 810-9533
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma6.39 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Yukon Dialysis6.99 miles away12801 Nw 10th St Suite 400 Yukon Oklahoma 73099Dialysis Stations: 13 (405) 350-3017
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City7.3 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025