Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home located in Whites Creek, Tennessee. This city has a population of 3,320 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally suggests a few concerning datapoints. Based on our ratings, this facility likely isn't the best fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B+ for our inspections category. This score is much more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of C. Long-term care scores are based on the nursing home's volume of care. This means a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of short-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in this category. Short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Based on its score in this area, we were not stunned to discover that this place was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the figures we assessed. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to the last category, we awarded this facility a D for the area of nursing. This was the facility's weakest category score. The nursing rating includes numerous subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. With a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, this facility's nurse staffing levels were well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 8.67% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 89.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Whites Creek Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Tristar Skyline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away3441 Dickerson Pike Nashville Tennessee 37207Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 769-2000
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.9 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.59 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away5655 Frist Blvd Hermitage Tennessee 37076Proprietary(615) 316-3000
- Tristar Hendersonville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away355 New Shackle Island Rd Hendersonville Tennessee 37075Proprietary(615) 338-1000
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Rcg Madison2.38 miles away220 West Maplewood Lane Nashville Tennessee 37207CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (615) 870-1508
- Davita Metro Center Dialysis3.33 miles away2292 Rosa L Parks Blvd Nashville Tennessee 37228Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 255-0653
- Dci Clarksville Hwy3.43 miles away3229 Clarksville Hwy. Nashville Tennessee 37218Dialysis Stations: 20 (615) 742-3033
- Davita Briley Parkway Dialysis3.8 miles away1221 Briarville Rd Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 16 (615) 865-9363
- Dci Madison3.84 miles away605 West Due West Avenue Madison Tennessee 37115Dialysis Stations: 26 (615) 865-7310
- Dci Nashville5.06 miles away935 21st Avenue North Nashville Tennessee 37208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (615) 327-3984
- Dialysis Assoc. Of East Nashville5.51 miles away1001 Riverside Drive Nashville Tennessee 37206Dialysis Stations: 12 (615) 226-2085
- Nashville Home Training Dialysis5.61 miles away1919 Charlotte Ave Ste 200 Nashville Tennessee 37203Dialysis Stations: 7 (615) 329-1162