Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is located in Tucker, Georgia. This city has a population of 35,921 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B-, which is a good grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was long-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2165 Idlewood Road,
Tucker GA 30084
69.55% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This place really performed well in the area of long-term care, where it received an A. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.68421 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to avoid negative health outcomes for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility also performed well in the area of inspections. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that area with a score of A-. Our inspection grades are based on several items found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. When determining our nursing scores, we assess both staffing levels and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It scored well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth category, this facility really did not fare well. With a very poor grade of F in short-term care, this is its weakest grade. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. In this facility's case, we found that it provided less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term residents which have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 5.28% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 93.36% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 7.26 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 7.26 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 9.05 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Tucker Dialysis0.44 miles away4434 Hugh Howell Rd Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7187
- Fmc Tucker0.7 miles away4845 Lavista Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7177
- Montreal Dialysis2.54 miles away1901 Montreal Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 938-9565
- Comprehensive Renal Care of Northlake LLC2.56 miles away1350 Montreal Road Suite 200 Tucker Georgia 30084CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 406-0825
- Mountain Park Dialysis3.17 miles away5235 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 296-1344
- Fresenius Medical Care Stone Mountain3.17 miles away5723 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 836-0251
- Veritas Dialysis3.17 miles away5329 Memorial Drive Suite B Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 262-4181
- Nephron Corporation4.78 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200