Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is located in Tucker, Georgia. This city has a population of 35,921 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a good grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Tucker senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. Its inspection score was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a decent grade in the category of long-term care, with a B-. In determining our long-term care ratings, we size up the personal care offered to a facility's residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 91.003456 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based assessments, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility did not perform well. With a bottom of the barrel grade of F in short-term care, this was its worst category. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. With its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we assessed. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 0.35% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 0.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 6.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 8.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 93.03% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 18.47% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 7.58% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 7.58% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 15.62% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 70.69% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 7.26 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 7.26 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 9.05 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Tucker Dialysis0.44 miles away4434 Hugh Howell Rd Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7187
- Fmc Tucker0.7 miles away4845 Lavista Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7177
- Montreal Dialysis2.54 miles away1901 Montreal Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 938-9565
- Comprehensive Renal Care of Northlake LLC2.56 miles away1350 Montreal Road Suite 200 Tucker Georgia 30084CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 406-0825
- Mountain Park Dialysis3.17 miles away5235 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 296-1344
- Fresenius Medical Care Stone Mountain3.17 miles away5723 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 836-0251
- Veritas Dialysis3.17 miles away5329 Memorial Drive Suite B Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 262-4181
- Nephron Corporation4.78 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200