Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is located in Tucker, Georgia. This city has a population of 35,921 people. This nursing home was given an overall grade of C, which is a good grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. Its inspection score was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a decent grade in the category of long-term care, with a B-. In determining our long-term care ratings, we size up the personal care offered to a facility's residents. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.681526 percent of its residents, which is higher than most nursing homes. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of C. When computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we assessed. We gave it a lowly F for this area. Even with several decent grades in other categories, this score is still of a concern so we felt obligated to point it out. In determining our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is generally a meaningful measure of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 10.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.23% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who have suffered from UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 18.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 21.48% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 5.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 93.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 17.3% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 23.05% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 23.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 11.54 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Tucker Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 69.88% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 7.26 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 7.26 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 9.05 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Tucker Dialysis0.44 miles away4434 Hugh Howell Rd Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7187
- Fmc Tucker0.7 miles away4845 Lavista Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 491-7177
- Montreal Dialysis2.54 miles away1901 Montreal Road Tucker Georgia 30084Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 938-9565
- Comprehensive Renal Care of Northlake LLC2.56 miles away1350 Montreal Road Suite 200 Tucker Georgia 30084CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 406-0825
- Mountain Park Dialysis3.17 miles away5235 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 12 (404) 296-1344
- Fresenius Medical Care Stone Mountain3.17 miles away5723 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain Georgia 30083CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 836-0251
- Veritas Dialysis3.17 miles away5329 Memorial Drive Suite B Stone Mountain Georgia 30083Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 262-4181
- Nephron Corporation4.78 miles away6060 Singleton Road Suite A Norcross Georgia 30093Dialysis Stations: 14 (770) 771-0200