With an address in Franklin, Tennessee, Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is one of four available facilities in the area. It looks like this facility is a well below average nursing home. A grade of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. Keep in mind that Franklin received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's report card, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This score is much better than the facility's overall score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is not a bad score. Our nursing score is largely tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed well in this statistic. This is generally an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a decent score in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. Short-term care grades are typically used to grade a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this category. Facilities that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility vaccinated 67.6259 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points below what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 9.05% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 89.05% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Franklin, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Franklin, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.69 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.4 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.34 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Rcg Franklin3.17 miles away1120 Lakeview Drive Suite 400 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 599-9810
- Williamson County Dialysis3.49 miles away3983 Carothers Pkwy Suite E-4 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 9 (615) 794-4423
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Franklin, LLC10.74 miles away8048 Station Hill Dr Spring Hill Tennessee 37174Dialysis Stations: 13 (931) 489-9009
- Dci Southern Hills14.68 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Dialysis Associates, LLC14.98 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis15.06 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis15.32 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic15.35 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676