With an address in Franklin, Tennessee, Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center is one of four available facilities in the area. It looks like this facility is a well below average nursing home. A grade of this caliber suggests we found some red flags. Keep in mind that Franklin received a city grade of B-, so should look at other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection reports. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B for our inspections category. This score is much better than the facility's overall score. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received an impressive short-term care score. In fact, we awarded them a B in that area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is generally a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. There are quite a few datapoints within this area. Most of the subcategories relate to staffing levels. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this subcategory. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was long-term care. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade of F in that area. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. We were disappointed to learn that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 84.210526 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 9.06% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 29.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 8.67% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression may indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 89.63% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 16.71% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 26.22% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 26.22 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 11.37 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Franklin Wellness & Rehabilitation Center, 72.9% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Franklin, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Franklin, Tennessee has 3 other nursing homes
- Williamson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away4321 Carothers Parkway Franklin Tennessee 37067Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 435-5000
- Rolling Hills Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.69 miles away2014 Quail Hollow Circle Franklin Tennessee 37067Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 226-4930
- Tristar Southern Hills Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.4 miles away391 Wallace Rd Nashville Tennessee 37211Proprietary(615) 781-4000
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.43 miles away1211 Medical Center Drive Nashville Tennessee 37232Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 322-3454
- Tristar Centennial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away2300 Patterson Street Nashville Tennessee 37203Proprietary(615) 342-1000
- Saint Thomas Midtown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away2000 Church St Nashville Tennessee 37236Voluntary non-profit - Private(615) 284-5555
- Metro Nashville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away1818 Albion Street Nashville Tennessee 37208Government - Hospital District or Authority(615) 341-4490
- Tristar Stonecrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.34 miles away200 Stonecrest Boulevard Smyrna Tennessee 37167Proprietary(615) 768-2000
- Rcg Franklin3.17 miles away1120 Lakeview Drive Suite 400 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 25 (615) 599-9810
- Williamson County Dialysis3.49 miles away3983 Carothers Pkwy Suite E-4 Franklin Tennessee 37067Dialysis Stations: 9 (615) 794-4423
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Franklin, LLC10.74 miles away8048 Station Hill Dr Spring Hill Tennessee 37174Dialysis Stations: 13 (931) 489-9009
- Dci Southern Hills14.68 miles away510 Recovery Road Suite 100 Nashville Tennessee 37211CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (615) 832-0761
- Dialysis Associates, LLC14.98 miles away28 White Bridge Road Suite 311 Nashville Tennessee 37205Dialysis Stations: 5 (615) 354-8751
- Whitebridge Dialysis15.06 miles away103 White Bridge Road #6 Nashville Tennessee 37209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (615) 352-5535
- Davita Woodbine Dialysis15.32 miles away5209 Linbar Drive, Suite 605 Nashville Tennessee 37211Dialysis Stations: 11 (615) 333-9765
- Vanderbilt Dialysis Clinic15.35 miles away2906 Foster Creighton Drive Nashville Tennessee 37204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (615) 343-3676