Grace Healthcare of Cordova is the lone option we identified in Cordova, Tennessee. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score in this range requires some decent marks. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this place's profile was its remarkable inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Grace Healthcare of Cordova
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
955 Germantown Pkwy,
Cordova TN 38018
53.79% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Inspection ratings are tied to several datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This means that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received its next most favorable category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a B- in this area, which is a decent grade. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home vaccinated 99.56427 percent of its residents, which is an above average percentage. The last datapoint we assessed is the facility's hospitalization rate. Although it had 2.67 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was not too bad.
Does this page answer your questions about Grace Healthcare of Cordova?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing rating. We gave this facility an D. There are quite a few criteria within this grade. Most of the factors relate to staffing levels. This nursing home averages 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below the national average. In addition to receiving below average marks for total nursing hours, this place was a bit less impressive in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at in determining our nursing grades. We looked at the percent of patients experiencing pressure ulcers and found this nursing home was at approximately 150 percent of the national average in this metric.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care, which turned out to be this nursing home's worst category. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is certainly very concerning. Short-term care grades are often used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical nursing home. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 36.8 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Grace Healthcare of Cordova Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 9.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 3.51% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 3.12% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 15.81% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which were given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 29.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 8.77% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing signs of depression. Increased levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 89.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 16.62% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 26.14% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 1.21 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 26.14 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 11.25 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Grace Healthcare of Cordova, 72.83% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.87 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 7.98 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.7 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 12.72 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 13.29 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.37 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Davita Wolf River Dialysis0.55 miles away7990 Trinity Road Suite 101 Cordova Tennessee 38018Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 751-3120
- Fmc Memphis Germantown2.66 miles away7640 Wolf River Circle Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-4119
- Heckscher Dialysis, LLC2.75 miles away8000 Wolf River Blvd Suite 106 Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 757-4809
- Memphis East Dialysis3.73 miles away6029 Walnut Grove Road, Suite c003 Memphis Tennessee 38120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 747-2316
- u.s. Renal Care Galleria Dialysis3.8 miles away8592 Ricky Bell Cove Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 20 (901) 380-5755
- Fmc Bartlett4.54 miles away3348 N Germantown Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Dialysis Stations: 16 (901) 379-2447
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.5.49 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Satellite Healthcare South Germantown, LLC6.26 miles away6548 Quince Rd Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 259-3423