Gottlieb Memorial Hospital is one of just a couple facilities in Melrose Park, Illinois. We awarded this nursing home an A+ overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the United States. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. We also gave this facility phenomenal grades in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Melrose Park, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Melrose Park, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Melrose Park, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Gottlieb Memorial Hospital?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this nursing home also was awarded a strong long-term care score, with a score of A. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In our last category, this facility also was given an impressive nursing grade, with a grade of A-. This topped off a very strong report card. There are several criteria within this area. Many of these criteria relate to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gottlieb Memorial Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Loyola Gottlieb Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away701 West North Ave Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 681-3200
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.22 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Rush Oak Park HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.78 miles away520 S Maple Ave Oak Park Illinois 60304Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 383-9300
- West Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away3 Erie Court Oak Park Illinois 60302Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 383-6200
- Loyola University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.46 miles away2160 S 1st Avenue Maywood Illinois 60153Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 216-9000
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Loretto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away645 South Central Ave Chicago Illinois 60644Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 626-4300
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Fmc - North Avenue Dialysis Center1.05 miles away911 W. North Avenue Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (708) 344-6122
- Fmc - Neomedica - Melrose Park1.14 miles away1111 Superior St Ste 204 Melrose Park Illinois 60160CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 338-1780
- Fmc - River Forest Dialysis2.52 miles away103 Forest Avenue River Forest Illinois 60305CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 488-9258
- Maple Avenue Kidney Center2.85 miles away610 S Maple Avenue, Suite 4100 Oak Park Illinois 60304Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 660-4100
- Loyola Center for Dialysis3.03 miles away1201 W Roosevelt Rd Maywood Illinois 60153CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (708) 531-7050
- Fmc - Oak Park Dialysis Unit3.15 miles away733 West Madison Street Oak Park Illinois 60302Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 386-8757
- Davita Brickyard Dialysis3.17 miles away2640 N. Narragansett Ave. Suite d8 Chicago Illinois 60639Dialysis Stations: 12 (773) 622-6345
- Fmc - West Suburban Dialysis Center3.6 miles away518 N Austin Suite 5000 Oak Park Illinois 60302CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (708) 386-5550