Gordon Lane Care Center is located in Fullerton, California, a city with a total of 134,733 people. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a decent grade. Based on our ratings, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Gordon Lane Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fullerton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this facility's inspection grade exceeded its overall grade. This facility earned a B+ in this category, which is a quality score. Inspection grades account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area typically have very few severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category is its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a grade of B-. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Gordon Lane Care Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. When calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. While this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this statistic. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, we gave this facility a grade of D for short-term care. This was the facility's worst category grade. In computing these short-term care scores, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our goal is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Based on its score in this category, we were not surprised to discover that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Gordon Lane Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 4.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 1.29% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 0.68% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 1.27% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 16.55% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 1.97% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 3.72% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 3.72% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 10.19% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Gordon Lane Care Center, 93.62% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Fullerton, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fullerton, California has 4 other nursing homes
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.48 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.51 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center1.19 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis1.88 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis2.35 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita-Anaheim Dialysis2.88 miles away1341 W. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (714) 254-1484
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center2.94 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Anaheim3.04 miles awayPeritoneal Dialysis Unit, 3460 E. La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92806Dialysis Stations: 5 (714) 644-2312
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic3.6 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Fmc-Orange County Home3.71 miles away1401 S Brookhurst Ste 108 Fullerton California 92833Dialysis Stations: 4 (714) 773-1407