Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation is one of four nursing homes located in Peoria, Arizona. This nursing home turns out to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B+. Impressively, the nursing homes in Peoria received high grades across the board, making this one of the better places in Arizona to find a nursing home. We also gave this nursing home impressive ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Peoria senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared even better in our inspections category which is associated with the nursing home's recent government inspections. We gave it an A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility earned an excellent nursing rating. We gave it an B+ in that area. Nursing ratings are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After we finished assessing the volume of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 89.96655 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility received an excellent short-term care grade. This nursing home did not turn out to have any weak areas. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 0.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 1.72% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 3.16% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 14.08% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 1.61% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 94.41% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 16.48% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 30.01% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 30.01% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 5.07% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 73.53% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 3 other nursing homes
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 6.98 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Abrazo West CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away13677 West Mcdowell Road Goodyear Arizona 85395Proprietary(623) 882-1970
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)2.17 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate Home2.79 miles away6622 N 91st Avenue Ste 210 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 1 (623) 877-0209
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate2.79 miles away6622 N 91st Ave Suite 120 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 23 (623) 772-1334
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)2.94 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)3.24 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)3.56 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)3.65 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Dialysis Center of Glendale (Fmc)5.46 miles away5957 W Northern Ave Ste 108 Glendale Arizona 85301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 435-1155