Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation is one of six nursing homes located in Peoria, Arizona. This nursing home turns out to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of B-. The nursing homes in Peoria received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Short-term care grades are meaningful for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. There are a host of criteria within this grade. Most of the factors are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this category. Our long-term care ratings are more important for individuals needing more traditional assistance related to personal care. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 98.46743 percent of its patients, which is better than the average nursing home. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 2.87% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 81.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rio Vista Post Acute & Rehabilitation, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.71 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 6.98 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Abrazo West CampusAcute Care Hospitals 8.05 miles away13677 West Mcdowell Road Goodyear Arizona 85395Proprietary(623) 882-1970
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Abrazo Central CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away2000 West Bethany Home Road Phoenix Arizona 85015Physician(602) 249-0212
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)2.17 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate Home2.79 miles away6622 N 91st Avenue Ste 210 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 1 (623) 877-0209
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate2.79 miles away6622 N 91st Ave Suite 120 Glendale Arizona 85305Dialysis Stations: 23 (623) 772-1334
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)2.94 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)3.24 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)3.56 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)3.65 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Dialysis Center of Glendale (Fmc)5.46 miles away5957 W Northern Ave Ste 108 Glendale Arizona 85301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 435-1155