Good Samaritan Society - Olathe is located in Olathe, Kansas. This city has a population of 130,216 people. We awarded this nursing home an B+ overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. As far as we can see, this nursing home looks like a solid choice for most people. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Olathe
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Olathe senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it was given a very impressive short-term care grade. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second highest category score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a score of A-. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Olathe?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. When computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home received an extremely favorable long-term care rating. This facility did not end up having any identifiable weaknesses. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 96.2704 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Olathe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 6.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have had falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 18.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 5.66% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 91.03% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 16.97% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Olathe, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Olathe, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Olathe, Kansas has 5 other nursing homes
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 7.94 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.19 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.82 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.15 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Olathe Dialysis0.6 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis4.65 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Gardner Dialysis5.99 miles away328 E Main St Gardner Kansas 66030Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 884-8488
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis7.41 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Fkc - Lenexa8.12 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood9.63 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Nall Dialysis10.09 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Lenexa Dialysis10.2 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100