Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village is located in Denton, Texas. We gave this facility an overall rating of A-. Consequently, it is one of the better nursing homes in Denton. This is an impressive achievement since the city has some quality nursing homes. We can't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are just impeccable. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this facility excelled in our shot-term care category. In fact, we gave it an A for that category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more meaningful for patients needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing score includes several factors, most of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last area, this facility was awarded a respectable long-term care rating. While this wasn't as strong as several of its other scores, this is truly a middle of the pack score. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility administered the vaccine to 95.454544 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable statistic. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Denton, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Denton, Texas has 6 other nursing homes
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC1.74 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville3.69 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp6.19 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Highland Village Dialysis7.02 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC7.79 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound9.29 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville12.15 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville12.56 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211