Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village is located in Denton, Texas. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. We can't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its ratings are as good as they get. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category scores, which look to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Denton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Denton, Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Denton, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a great overall score, this facility also received an excellent short-term care grade, with an A. Our short-term care scores are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving patients more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this facility also performed admirably in the long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. This rounded out a straight A report card. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After considering the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.03846 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients that sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 4.84% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 93.69% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Lake Forest Village, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DentonAcute Care Hospitals 4.8 miles away3000 N I-35 Denton Texas 76201Voluntary non-profit - Private(940) 898-7000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC1.74 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville3.69 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Renal Center of North Denton, Lllp6.19 miles away4309 Mesa Dr Denton Texas 76207CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (940) 566-2701
- Highland Village Dialysis7.02 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC7.79 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound9.29 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville12.15 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville12.56 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211