Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights is in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The city has a total of 33,895 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best scores we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top 20 percent of all facilities nationally. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It would be hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A- for its long-term care score. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 89.77273 percent of its patients, which is a bit below what we expected. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In computing our nursing ratings, we analyze both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth category, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in this area. This finalized a very impressive profile. Our short-term care ratings are considered to be most meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents which experienced falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 4.58% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 93.31% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 10.49 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis1.28 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita1.37 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita4.12 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Eagan Dialysis of Davita4.28 miles away2750 Blue Water Rd, Suite 300 Saint Paul Minnesota 55121Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 688-0132
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul5.49 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita5.57 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318