Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights is in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The city has a total of 33,895 people. This is an A rated facility, which is one of the best scores we offer. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top ten percent of all facilities nationally. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this category tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care score. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. There are a variety of criteria within this grade. Many of the criteria reflect levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient more often.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we rated, this facility was given a very strong grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a straight A report card. For patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 89.01099 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients which had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 4.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 93.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 20.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 10.49 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis1.28 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita1.37 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita4.12 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Eagan Dialysis of Davita4.28 miles away2750 Blue Water Rd, Suite 300 Saint Paul Minnesota 55121Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 688-0132
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul5.49 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita5.57 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318