Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights is in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota. The city has a total of 33,895 people. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our ratings, you can do much worse than this place. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Inver Grove Heights senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Among its many impressive scores, this nursing home received an excellent nursing score. In fact, we gave it an B+ in that category. The nursing rating is based on quite a few components, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also strong in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of B. It outpaced most facilities in this area. In our short-term care grade, we attempt to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth area, this nursing home was awarded a respectable long-term care grade of C. Long-term care grades focus on a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 86.36364 percent of its patients. This is pretty significantly lower than the national average. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care residents who suffered from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 4.16% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 94.15% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Good Samaritan Society - Inver Grove Heights, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.55 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.3 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.47 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 10.49 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 11.12 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.33 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Fmc - West St Paul Dialysis1.28 miles away1590 S Robert St Ste 130 Saint Paul Minnesota 55118Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 457-2232
- West St Paul Dialysis of Davita1.37 miles away1555 Livingston Ave Saint Paul Minnesota 55118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 455-2995
- Highland Park Dialysis of Davita4.12 miles away1559 7th St W Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 222-7139
- Eagan Dialysis of Davita4.28 miles away2750 Blue Water Rd, Suite 300 Saint Paul Minnesota 55121Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 688-0132
- Fmc Dialysis Services of St Paul5.49 miles away445 Etna Street Suite 60 Saint Paul Minnesota 55106Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 251-3847
- Sun Ray Dialysis of Davita5.57 miles away1744 Old Hudson Road Saint Paul Minnesota 55106CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 793-5191
- St Paul Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 180 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 291-8855
- Capitol Dialysis of Davita5.58 miles away555 Park St, Suite 230 Saint Paul Minnesota 55103Dialysis Stations: 16 (651) 221-3318